My life revolves around feeding my family of four. I’m always thinking about how to keep them full, happy, and healthy. I have two growing boys(10 and 12 years old) and all they do is eat! During the summer months I just can’t keep up with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
French toast is one of those meals that my mom made my sisters and I when we were kids for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And I do the same. Even if I feel I have nothing left in the house to make, I always have bread, milk and eggs! The perfect combo for French Toast!
I keep sliced Italian bread from Publix in the freezer all the time. You can substitute it with a healthier bread or even something like Challah bread! That’s really good! And this takes 10 minutes.
- sliced bread(3 slices)
- eggs(2 eggs)
- half and half, milk, or almond milk
- Put a little butter in a pan or electric grill and heat on low to medium heat
- Crack two eggs in a bowl.
- Add a drop of half and half(or milk or almond milk) and whisk. That is all I add. Some people might prefer to add in a little sugar or vanilla at this point, but we like it simple just like this.
- Place bread in egg mixture and coat both sides. You don't want to drench it, just coat it and let the extra egg drip off.
- Put it in the pan and brown both sides. It should be brown and a little crisp on the outside. You don't want soggy french toast.
- I usually top it with powdered sugar and a little syrup. And I serve it with a side of fruit.