National Guacamole Day is on September 16th. We celebrated by learning to make our favorite tableside guacamole from Rocco’s Tacos!
Making the best guacamole starts with simple ingredients: avocado, lime juice, fresh cilantro, and salt.
Owner Rocco talked about the history of the restaurant and its humble beginnings, and resounding success.
Rocco’s Taco’s Guacamole Recipe:
2 whole avocados
½ tsp Rocco’s Spice (made from salt, chili pepper, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, coriander, Mexican oregano, and sugar)
½ of a lime, juiced
1 tsp cilantro
1 tsp green chilies
1 tsp red onion
1 tsp tomato
1 tsp jalapeño (optional)
- Cut and pit the avocados.
- Season with salt, Rocco’s spice, and fresh lime juice. Mash all seasonings together.
- Add cilantro, green chilies, red onion, and tomato.
- Add jalapeño.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Garnish with tomatoes and serve.