During the summer months I experimented with my first Dump Cake. The Strawberry Dump Cake was simple, sweet and perfect for the summer months. The season of fall is almost here(even though it still feels like summer in Palm Beach), and I am dreaming about apple picking. I really need to schedule a trip up north so we can do that. The Apple Dump Cake is perfect because you still get all the Fall vibes without the apple picking.
Apple Dump Cake
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 cans(21 oz. each) of apple pie filling.
- ½ cup of melted butter(1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 X 13 glass pan.
- Empty both cans of the apple pie filling into the pan and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl combine the cake mix and butter.
- Stir and break up any chunks with a wooden spoon or fork.
- Pour the cake mix over the apples and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples are bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- You can serve it warm or cold. I made it the day before, let it cool, and covered it in the fridge. I topped each piece with a scoop of whipped cream and vanilla ice cream!