Pumpkin season is here! We may overdue the whole pumpkin spice thing and fall decorations in South Florida to make up for the fact that it doesn’t quite feel like fall. But I love it. I love the season of fall and I really love that we made it through another really hot summer. So, I will over due the pumpkin spice thing as well, while I blast my AC, slip on some warm socks, light a pumpkin scented candle and sip a pumpkin spice latte…
And of course it wouldn’t be fall without pumpkin muffins. And believe it or not, these muffins are healthy and delicious! I make a big batch and freeze some. They can be defrosted in the microwave for 10 seconds or left out for a bit to defrost. My boys love these for breakfast, snacks, dessert and packed in their lunchbox as a special treat. My favorite way to enjoy them is to warm it up for a few seconds, slice down the middle and add a little bit of butter. It is perfect paired with a simple smoothie for breakfast.
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of almond milk(I use almond coconut milk)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon(You can definitely use pumpkin pie spice mix instead if you prefer.)
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 3/4 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of quick oats plus a little more for sprinkling on top.
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and honey together with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Mix in the pumpkin and almond milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a small amount of oats.
- Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.